How to apply for student visa?
You must have to enrol in a study package of courses, before you apply for a student visa. From 1 July 2016, when you apply for your student visa online through ImmiAccount, your online application form will also provide you with a definitive list of evidentiary requirements. Applicants are to lodge their visa online with maximum of assisting documents after selecting their education provider.
How to start an application?
To begin your online application, you must create an ImmiAccount first, and then login into your account. Then, you must have all the required documents ready to be attached along the application. You must be careful while applying, as missing information might make the visa decisions to lengthen the visa grant process.
While completing your application form, you must not copy and paste bullet points, numbering, accents etc from formatted documents into the free text fields. Only use numbers 0 – 9 and letters A – Z (upper and lower case), dashes ‘-‘ and underscores ‘_’.
Cost of visas?
The cost of your visa is depended on the time your application is received by the. This is because the cost of visa is not constant; it keeps changing from time to time. So, sometimes you may have to pay extra when the visa pricing is changed from the you lodge your application and the date they receive your application. The visa application charge is the amount of money in Australian dollars (AUD) that must be paid for a visa application. In some cases the visa application charge is nil.
Your Student Visa Application will be assessed on:
- your capacity to cover the cost of airfares to Australia, tuition, accommodation, and other general expenses ;
- your capacity to support any accompanying dependent family member for the duration of your stay;
- your level of English language proficiency. If English is not your first language you may need to undertake the IELTS English test. You must score at least 5.
- your situation in your home country e.g. personal, financial, employment and other commitments which might prompt you to return home or other circumstances e.g. military service commitments;
- your immigration history e.g. previous compliance with immigration laws, whether you have any outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia, and whether you have previously applied for entry into Australia;
- your proposed course of study and whether it is a reasonable choice, given your circumstances; and
- whether your proposed course of study is consistent with, and appropriate to your current level of education.
- your ability to satisfy the health requirement. Any dependent family members included in the visa application are also required to meet the health requirement.
- You may be directed to undergo a health examination and chest x-ray.
- You must be of “good” character to enter Australia and will be required to provide a declaration in the application form.
- your responsibility to have private health insurance throughout your stay in Australia. It is compulsory to obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) before submitting your visa application. Any accompanying dependent family members must also be covered by this insurance