- Open a Bank Account. Most of the banks allow International students to open a bank account. You will need to provide your personal details and including your identification like Student ID, Passport, Visa copy and any other documents that may be requested by different banks. Do not forget to take your ATM.
- You will need to apply for Tax File Number (TFN). This is required when seeking to work, as employers will need to deduct tax and pay against your TFN. This is a crucial data that you must keep safe with you. Please do not share your TFN other than your employer.
- Ensure you inform your OSHC provider the date of your arrival so the insurance cover starts the day of arrival or your Education Provider will inform the OSHC provider, if the OSHC is arranged by your Education Provider.
- It is easier and cheaper to travel in Public Transport in Australia, so make sure you buy the relevant tickets before your aboard Public Transport.
- You can get more information on the Orientation Day in your Institute/ University.