Finding work placements, internships or work experience during your studies abroad may be incredibly helpful when you’re looking to enter the workforce after you graduate. A placement or internship could be mandatory for some educational qualifications, while internships could be optional to others. Either way, these are both valuable experiences to gain as a student to prepare yourself for the real world.
- Know what you want, but be flexible
- Identify your key skills and walk the talk
- Familiarize yourself with Australian work culture
- Remember: one door leads to another
- Be ready for some self-discovery
- Be yourself
- Find resources that can assist you in your search